Monday, June 18, 2007

Flickr ~ Week 3, Thing 5


For part of this week's 23 Things, we were to find a photo on flickr and add it to our blog, or add the link to our blog. I prefer to have the picture here. I feel as though it's always nice to personalize your page and I prefer not to require any potential readers to have to click on the link. However, since it's polite to ask for the photographer's permission before uploading their photo (and time is of the essence these days), I'll just post the link to the picture.

The picture is titled "Field of Dreams" and the photographer is Jim Mortram. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimmortram/553807741/

I chose this picture because it reflects where I am in my life right now. When I look at the photo I see change. It's beautiful. It's even peaceful, but there are dark clouds lingering above. There's rain, maybe a storm, and to me it signifies change either calmly or forcefully. You can't stop it from coming, you just have to find your center and change with it. At the end of it all, though, there is light. Sometimes we have to weather a storm in order to transform ourselves.

No comments: