Friday, June 29, 2007

Lifelong Learning ~ Week One, Thing 2

After watching the presentation on Lifelong Learning, it's pretty clear to me that the habit I will have the most trouble with is viewing problems as challenges. It's hard for me when I'm juggling many things at once to view a problem as anything other than a problem. If I'm working by myself and someone needs copies, someone else has a reference question, and yet someone else wants to check out there books, then my hands are full. If the computers shut down, or SAM is momentarily not cooperating at this point and 9 people are suddenly upset because they've lost their internet access, I see it as a problem and not a challenge. I understand that much of that is my reaction to their upset and I know that if I keep a smile on my face and stay pleasant, everyone else is easier to work with. Now I just need to take that last step and view it as a challenge. It will be good for my stress levels!

No comments: