Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Final Post ~ Week 9, Thing 23

Wow.... I feel like we've covered a lot of ground with this workshop. Though I've struggled for time here at the end, I've enjoyed the journey. I liked playing with RSS feeds and podcasts, both of which I've not had much experience with. And what I've *really* enjoyed is talking with my co-workers about new programs and the things that we've learned.

This has definitely helped me with my lifelong goal. I try really hard to stay on top of new technology and web tools that our patrons may need, or could benefit from. And honestly, I enjoy learning. It's fun to learn about new sites and what things are available to make my life easier.

I think what surprised me the most was how much fun I had. I do plan to do more work with podcasts and I plan to share different tools that I've learned with our patrons and other staff members. I guess I went into this knowing that I'd learn something, but not realizing how fun it would be. I really appreciate that. I would definitely participate in another program like this if it were offered.

My learning experience has been a positive one. I've learned new things and strengthened what I already knew. I've helped other people and learned from them, often at the same time. This was a program that I actually looked forward to working on because while I was learning I was also have a great time.

No comments: