Thursday, August 23, 2007

Looking for Podcasts ~ Week 9, Thing 21

I tried podcast.net and found a very interesting podcast on the historical meanings of the animals in Harry Potter. It's certainly something that I think the kids would be interested in. Searching was easy enough, too. Adding it to my bloglines account wasn't a problem, but I didn't see an option to have it automatically loaded. I used the copy and paste method.

I then went on to play with a few cool urban legends/ghost stories podcasts. The one I listened to was about New Jersey and it just so happened that they had a discussion about the hotel that was at the area where the Great White Shark attacks took place that spawned the idea for Jaws. At this point in my life the instances of of shark information popping up out of nowhere are just funny, despite my phobia. I'm wondering if I should read the books about the subject after all.

I'm having a good bit of fun with this. I can see myself finding some good podcasts to keep up with. I'd just like to find a little more time to check out what's out there.

No comments: